Monday, July 27, 2015

Bride to Be

It's that time of year! Wedding season! I have two engagement parties at the same time the same exact day, go figure.One of which is for one of my sweet friends from high school Madelyn. I met the bride and groom both around the same time.. We all worked at Beef- O-Brady's together.. Just a fun/miserable time of my life. I made life long friends and basically no money. But at least I got some wonderful memories out of the job! I really wasn't sure what you give as an engagement gift... as I have never really been to an engagement party before. So I brainstormed and the couple already lives together... and basically has  everything they could want... plus let's be real they are going to have a few showers in the future and they will get whatever they don't already have. So I decided to make something for the bride! I always see all these cute gift baskets so I thought it would be a good time to try my hand at one.. and I must say I was pretty happy with the way it turned out! And it wasn't too expensive either! All together I think I spent $22.98... so $23.00! Not too shabby if you ask me.

Ok, now let's get to good stuff!

Here is what I put in the basket:

The basket was from Marshalls : $9.99
Champagne glasses Dollar Store: $1.00
Ring Pops Dollar Store: $1.00
Thank you cards Dollar Store: $1.00
Mason Jar mug Marshalls: $1.99
Note book Walmart: 3.99
The Knot magazine Walmart: $4.99
Wine bottle not shown Trader Joes: $2.99

Ok so the total came out to be $26.95 not too bad! I wrapped the notebook and magazine together with some hemp string I already had. 

and I tied the ring pops together and wrote "Because he put a ring on it"

And here was the finished outcome



I was happy with the outcome of the basket! I think the bride was too! So it was a win and I will probably another basket in my near future!!


No comments:

Post a Comment