Friday, March 14, 2014

Disney World

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning waking up on Thursday. I could not wait to get to Disney because that was one day closer to race day! I woke up around 7:00 am took a walk on the beach with mom, picked up some sea shells and went back to the house. When I got back to the house is when I started singing zip-a-dee-doo-dah! I couldn't help myself! I was just so excited to be back in the happiest place on earth! It had been over a year and was ready to breathe in that air!

We hop in the car turn on some Disney tunes and were on our way! We stayed at All-Star sports... which isn't my favorite but i'm just glad to be in Disney! We check in, put our stuff in the room and make our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL). AKL will always feel like home to me, something about it I love so much! My mom made friends with one of the interns about a year ago and we have made lifelong friends! Dennis came to visit in Atlanta with three girl interns. They all have headed back to Africa but, there is still a few left. So I got the honor of meeting intern Toffee, who turns out we are getting married and he is paying $10 to marry me! Such a bargain in his country! We went and decorated cookies and got to see some of the animals! I am so thankful for the friendship I have made through Disney! The friends I have made really will be lifelong friends! Toffee took me to Epcot twice and I really got to learn more about his family and culture back home! I will cherish every second I got to spend with him! While we were at Epcot we got to ride Soar'n, Test Track (Toffee's first time), Spaceship Earth, and a few other rides. It was an amazing unexpected time!

I got to see my favorite fireworks show... Illuminations. Something about having all the countries come together as one really touches me. The fireworks are amazing!

Another highlight of my trip was meeting this sweet couple, Jessica & Jason.. It was our first actual meet but I felt like I knew them because we had talked so much! There is a background story how I met them and it is pretty random... We met on Instagram! I had never made a friend on there before but there is a first time for everything! I actually could do a whole post on Jessica.. And I actually might one day! We had a very good time meeting! I seriously felt like I knew Jessica forever! It is a friendship that will last a lifetime.. I am sure of it! Me and my momma met Jessica and Jason in Downtown Disney for a quick minute.. we just wanted to say hi and officially meet. Then I went to the expo with them, went and got pineapple dole whips, and went to dinner! It was a great time! It was her first half and first Run Disney race.. So we had lots to bond over!





The ONLY bad thing about my whole 10 day trip was that I had car trouble! It is a long story! But long story short we wasted a whole Disney day! And if you don't know Disney time that is more precious then a regular day.. Because it's a Disney day! But we did squeeze time to go to the expo that day! I will get more into the expo on my next post!






We did lots of cool things while we were there.. Although I did feel like the trip was over before I even got done blinking. My sister and her family were there but I was so busy I rarely even got to see them! Boo! But I get to see them everyday :). I got to spend a lot of quality time with my mom! Which was nice! I love getting to spend special quality time with her that I usually don't get considering I am one of eight kids. I'm not going to lie... I think that trip goes down in the books for my favorite trip ever! I met amazing people and had amazing experiences! All the way from my trip to the beach to the second I crossed the finish line! I accomplished something I never thought I would do in my lifetime! Best. Trip. Ever.

Thank for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment