Friday, November 9, 2012

Eye to Eye

As a single girl I know we are pretty much always aware of when there is a cute boy with in a half mile radius. Or maybe it's just the girls that are boy crazy like me. The longer you are single the higher the radius gets. Sometimes it feels like we will be single forever. And I mean forever.  Then there are some days we lose hope in ever finding a boy again. There is that moment when you are out in a random place and you make that special eye contact with that especially cute boy. It could just be eye contact for those few second. Or you could be in the same place with that person for an hour and constantly be making eye contact with that person. Well what happens when you start thinking ok, I know he is looking at me because he feels the attraction too. But then you start over thinking it (and as a girl I know we do this too). What if we start thinking wait, what if he just keeps looking at me because he knows I keep looking at him and he is weird'ed out by it. And you want so badly for him to come up to you and just hi. I'm not sure if this is a girl thing or a southern thing. But it is not acceptable for the girl to go up to the guy. That is a guys job to peruse the girl. Growing up my mom would not even let me call a boy in the off chance they gave me their number. The boy had to call me. So that same rule of my moms began to be my new rule. I will not call a guy first. So the same rule applies in real life. I will not go up to a guy. I know people say times have changed and it's ok. But to me it's not ok. So then you just have to wait until they come up to you. But what happens when they don't come up to you. You are sitting there waiting for him to come up to you because you know he felt that same attraction that you felt during those 2 seconds you shared together. Then he just walks right out the door and now you will never know what could of been. That random boy sitting there drinking his coffee could have been the love of your life, or someone you have a great relationship with, or maybe it would of never gone past that first date. But you will still wonder what could of been. Now that boy will forever be a stranger and you can wonder if those 2 seconds were anything. Then you start thinking I should of just said something to him. But that is the boys job. But some people think if it was meant to be it will happen. So we just sit here and wait for someone else to walk into our lives. Or maybe they are already in our lives. Regardless that cute boy you saw you will never know his story, and he will never know yours. Sometimes I just wish if a boy feels that same connection he would just come up to me. Because you will never know what could of been until you just go up and try. So needless to say i'm still waiting on my Prince Charming. Or my version on Prince Charming anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment